Saturday, November 7, 2015

Welcome to my Blog!

For those of you that have not seen The Big Year, it's a movie about three men who set out to break the record number of bird species found in the ABA Area in one year. There is one particular part that caught my eye when I first saw it (I've seen it around twenty times). One of the main characters, Brad, tells his father about the migration of the American Golden-Plover. They begin their journey from their wintering grounds in South America. They travel through fields, beaches, sod farms, etc. and end up on the Arctic Tundra. In the fall, they do the the opposite, traveling from the tundra to South America. I decided to name this blog "The Golden Plover" because it was likely that scene in the movie that inspired me to take my birding to the next level a few years ago. My name is Mike, by the way. I am eighteen years old and live in Northern New Jersey, and find myself birding whenever I can. Sometimes it at the local nature preserve, others in far away places like the Alpine Tundra of the Colorado Rockies. I decided to create this blog to share my adventures with the rest of the birding world. I intend to make daily posts, whether they're trip reports or reviews of a certain bird product or old memories brought back. Either way, I hope you find this blog entertaining and interesting to read.

Thanks for reading,

- Mike T.
American Golden-Plover
(Photo by Peter Wilton)


Range Map

No comments:

Post a Comment