Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Big Year Chronicles #1: Introduction

Earlier this year, I decided that next year I was going to do an ABA Big Year in 2016. For those of you who don't know, a big year is when a birder tries to see as many bird species as possible in a given geographic area in one calendar year. I'll be doing this in the ABA Area, which is the Lower 48, Canada, and Alaska. My target number is 500, which is a tall task for an eighteen year old going to college in the Fall. However, I am more than willing to take it on. I've done a lot of preparations including creating a target list of species by month and listed locations I plan to hit to find those species. I'll save the general strategy for The Big Year Chronicles #2 because all the turkey I ate is making me sleepy.

500 may seem crazy for a kid, but when you hear where I'm going and what I'm doing you may think twice...

Good birding, and happy Thanksgiving!

- Mike
Wild Turkey
It's Thanksgiving I had to post it


No comments:

Post a Comment